The war years boosted membership of Hampton School’s rifle club. By autumn of 1943, the club had 50 members and it was the largest of all the extra-curricular activities. Club members had four rifles between them and took it in turns to practise their shooting skills. Thankfully, teachers were on hand to supervise activities! Hampton’s rifle club was registered with the Society of Miniature Rifle Clubs whose national Headquarters were conveniently located nearby in Ham.