Hampton School is regularly inspected and assessed by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI), the body approved by the government for the purpose of inspecting independent schools in the UK.
This page details the outcomes of the two most recent ISI inspections conducted at Hampton: the Regulatory Compliance Inspection in March 2019; and the Integrated Inspection (Educational Quality and Compliance) in March 2016.
Regulatory Compliance Inspection – March 2019
Regulatory Compliance Inspection (RCI) reports issued by ISI are rather generic in nature. The 2019 inspection visit reported only on the School’s compliance with standards. The standards represent minimum requirements and judgements are given as met or not met. Hampton School has met all of the inspection criteria and as such is judged to be fully compliant. The School meets the standards in the schedule to the Education (Independent School Standards) Regulations 2014 and no further action was required as a result of the inspection.
Integrated (Educational Quality and Compliance) Inspection – March 2016
ISI inspectors awarded Hampton the highest judgement possible in every category. Their main findings were as follows:
- The quality of pupils’ achievements in academic and co-curricular areas is EXCEPTIONAL
- The contribution of teaching is EXCELLENT
- The contribution of arrangements for pastoral care is EXCELLENT
- The quality of leadership and management, including links with parents, is EXCELLENT
- The quality of pupils’ achievements and learning is EXCEPTIONAL
- The contribution of curricular and co-curricular provision is EXCELLENT
- The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is EXCELLENT
- The quality of governance is EXCELLENT