On Monday 10 December, the Third Years spent Period 3 with their Form Tutors. The Third Year boys wrote thank you cards to their teachers and completed Christmas themed quizzes. On Thursday 13 December, the Third Year attended the whole School final assembly of Term. The boys heard from Mr Nicholson as he spoke about Christmas traditions with his family. The Voices of Lions performed a festive and heart-warming Christmas Carol and the Headmaster finished the assembly with some seasonal cheer and well wishes to the departing members of the Common Room.
The Third Years enjoyed their Christmas lunch on Thursday and the visit from Father Christmas. Well done to those Third Year boys involved in the Christmas Carol Service on Tuesday evening! Finally, we would like to wish you all a very happy and relaxing Christmas Holiday with your friends and family! An excellent term, well done all Third Years and the Third Year tutor team!
Third Year Special Mentions:
At the end of the Christmas term, Santa pays a little visit to Hampton Third Years to offer a chocolate reward to one boy per form who has not received any detentions.
The “no detention raffle” winners were:
William H 3A
George C 3B
James S 3C
Ben R 3D
Kyan S 3E
Nick M 3F
Henry D 3G
James W 3H
Freddie S 3J
Well done boys!
Special mentions go to Henry F (3B) and Ollie L (3B) for their help in leading a tour around the School with a Kings House teacher.
The following boys had lunch with Miss Smith and Mr Woods where they had the opportunity to share their experiences of School life so far at Hampton:
William B (3J)
Zack G (3J)
Nico L (3J)
Daniele S (3J)
Alex L (3E)
Isaac Q (3E)
Calum W (3E)
Oscar M (3G)
Third Year Form News:
News from 3G…
- Billy D is happy to report that his consultant concluded that Billy’s knee operation went really well and he is now on the mend. He is already looking forward to playing football in the next term.
- Henry D reports that the Rugby A Team outscored Dulwich 7-5 in the second half but ultimately lost the game. Unfortunately, some Hampton players were injured during the game.
- Nick A played clarinet in the Swing Band at Hampton’s Christmas Concert (part 1) last Friday. The Swing Band performed a jazz version of Santa Clause Is Coming to Town. The video of the performance can be seen on Hampton’s twitter.
- Stanley C is hoping to play saxophone in the Swing Band from the next academic year.
- Daniel C helped at the Annual Senior Citizens Christmas Party hosted by LEH. He was busy serving tea and coffee and having nice conversations.
- Daniel C and Ollie T are looking forward to Hampton’s Ski Trip in France departing on Saturday.
Third Year Inter-Form Competition Update- The Wills’ Cup:
Every year, the Third Year compete in a wide range of events in the Inter-Form Competition. The Wills’ Cup, donated by two long serving members of the Pastoral Team, is awarded at Prizegiving to the Form which amassed the most amount of points in competitions running throughout the School Year, which range from a variety of sports to activities such as Chess and a Quiz.
After what Mr Bolton said was a very strong table tennis competition, the Wills’ Cup table looks as follows:
Congratulations to 3G, whose consistently solid performances see them go into the Christmas Break with a well-deserved lead. It is, however, not a particularly comfortable one and the Spring Term will show if they have the stamina to stay at the top of the table!
|FORM||POINTS IN EVENT 1 (Teambuilding)||POINTS IN EVENT 2 (Dodgeball)||POINTS IN EVENT 3 (Cross-country)||POINTS IN EVENT 4 (Volleyball)||POINTS IN EVENT 4 (Table Tennis)||Points for no detentions||Total|
Back to All Articles