Co-curricular provision at e-Hampton continued with a wide range of activities to enable Hamptonians to strike a healthy balance between academic study and physical and mental wellbeing.
PE & sports
The Sport and PE department encouraged Hamptonians to enjoy as active and healthy a lifestyle as possible while the School site was closed. Fortnightly exercise and activity tasks alternated with sessions relating to analysis, knowledge and understanding of sporting activities and personal development. In addition to weekly PE tasks, our Sport and PE staff offered a variety of ways to help keep the boys motivated, active and developing their knowledge and understanding. These included:
- Optional sports webinars
- Strength and conditioning plans and schedules for some of our senior sports
- Dedicated PE and Sport Firefly page (updated weekly) for each Year Group
- Firefly pages for individual sports, updated for extended learning
The School’s social media feeds and webpages were regularly updated with fun activities and challenges that all the family could participate in:
Hampton Sports Skills Challenges
- Skipping Challenge
- Footy Neck Catch
- Commando Press-Ups
- Keepy Uppy flick
- Mr Sims’ Playing Card challenge
- Mr Thomson’s Target Practice
- Pyramid Press-Ups
Alongside regular timetabled online music lessons, the Music department worked hard to offer boys a range of opportunities to perform and Hampton musicians from across the Year Groups displayed typical creativity and ingenuity in putting on a number of individual and group performances to the delight of the Hampton community. Many of these performances can be seen on our YouTube channel, in our weekly H@H newsletter or in our ‘Garden Gigs‘ and ‘Lunchtime Recitals‘ series on Twitter and Instagram.
- Hampton Brass Ensemble, Mr Jums
- Shotgun by the Boys’ Choir – A Moment from the Music Archive
- A Little Less Conversation – A Moment from the Music Archive
- Max Elliot, Garden Gig – Is this Love
- Tobias Droy, Garden Gig – Have you met Miss Jones
- Lunchtime Recital 1 – Our Fifth Years perform
- Hampton Barbershop – We’ll Meet Again
- Lunchtime Recital 2 – Hear from some of our Lower School Pupils
- Lunchtime Recital 3 – Our musicians perform some impressive pieces
Hampton’s Talk! programme continued in an e-Talk! format, providing boys with an opportunity to hear from a range of external speakers. Check out our YouTube channel to view conversations with:
- Sam Rowley – wildlife photographer & filmmaker and winner of the 2020 Lumix People’s Choice Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year
- Louis Lynagh & Gwilym Bradley – on their first year as professional rugby players
- Professor David Reynolds FBA – Professor of International History and Fellow of Christ’s College Cambridge
The Drama department offere several virtual performance opportunities this term. The First and Second Years collaborated to produce this evocative rendition of Rudyard Kipling’s iconic poem If. Our Lower School dramatists recorded a series of podcasts retelling Shakespeare’s classic play The Comedy of Errors.
Clubs & Societies
A range of clubs also continued and boys participated in Debating, Junior Book Club, History & Archive Club, Model United Nations and Psychology Club sessions among others.