New Sixth Form Centre
Work is progressing well on our new state-of-the-art Sixth Form Study and Careers Centre.
The three-storey development within the existing Hammond Quad area of the School represents one of the most significant engineering challenges undertaken on our site. Please take a look at the animated videos below for a sense of what the new building will look like on completion in October 2018.
The centre will significantly enhance the School’s existing teaching facilities and also provide a bespoke study area for our Sixth Formers. It will offer Hamptonians flexible work spaces, along with private study areas and individual workstations.
The new building will also house a specialist UCAS and Careers Department, providing senior boys with exceptional resources and access to Hampton’s alumni network as they consider their path beyond Hampton.
April 2018 Update:
Here is a brief summary of works to date and works planned over the forthcoming period:
Works undertaken last month :
- All structural works are now complete to North and South Blocks and Central Pod.
- Brickwork facades to the North and South Blocks are complete with windows installed and glazed
- Roofing works are complete to the North and South Blocks and nearing completion on the Central Pod
- Internal works to the North and South blocks are progressing well with plastering ongoing and second fix joinery works progressing well
- First fix mechanical and electrical works to the North and South Blocks are nearing completion and internal decorations are commencing
- Novum Spaceframe roof has commenced and steel carcass works are nearing completion in advance of glazing
- Breakthrough works into the existing school building completed over Easter holidays
- Complete glazing to Spaceframe Atrium roof
- Complete internal plastering to North and South blocks and progress decorations and second fix carpentry works
- Commence internal fit out works to Central Pod
- Complete roofs and remaining up-stands