2017 Oxbridge Offers
Hampton School is delighted that nineteen boys have been offered places to study at Oxford and Cambridge Universities. The conditional offers are across a wide range of subjects including Languages, History, Medicine and Engineering.
Two of the Hampton linguists who received offers, Rohan Bhatia (French and Spanish, Cambridge) and Caspar Paton (History and French, Oxford) have recently won the Central London French Debating Competition, earning themselves a place in the National French Debating Final.
Two School Captains also received Oxbridge offers this year; current Captain, Chris Searle was pleased to hear that he has been offered a place to study Geography at Worcester College, Oxford, and last year’s incumbent Tom Nunan, who is currently on a gap year, will take up his place at Cambridge to study Human, Social and Political Sciences.
Headmaster, Mr Kevin Knibbs, warmly congratulated the boys on their offers:
The global competition for Oxbridge places seems to have been fiercer than ever this year, making the achievement of winning places particularly impressive for these Hamptonians. It is also especially pleasing that our boys have again received offers to read for degrees at these prestigious academic institutions across such a wide range of subjects. We congratulate all of them and indeed the other members of their year group, which has received record numbers of offers from Russell Group or equivalent universities in the UK and US.
2017 Oxbridge Offers
- Andrew Condron, Economics, Queens’ College
- Chiyun Lee, Natural Sciences (B), Queens’ College
- Tom Nunan, Human,Social & Political Sciences, Corpus Christi College
- Zaki Rehman, History, Gonville & Caius College
- Rohan Bhatia, French & Spanish, New College
- Duncan Boyle, Maths, University College
- Michael Chen, Physics, Jesus College
- Thomas Clegg, Geography, St Edmund Hall
- Isaiah Coco-Bassey, Philosophy & Theology, Lady Margaret Hall
- Danny de Rozairo, Engineering, Hertford College
- Theo Dias, Maths, New College
- Aaron Goss, Physics, Worcester College
- Julian Hitchcock, Maths, St Catherine’s College
- JJ Huang, Physics, Oriel College
- Akum Gupta, Chemistry, Lady Margaret Hall
- George Mundy, Biochemistry, Oriel College
- Caspar Paton, History & French, St John’s College
- Chris Searle, Geography, Worcester College
- Alex Witt, Engineering, Hertford College